maintain definition | English dictionary for learners | Reverso
4 to state (something) as a reason in support of or against something under consideration she continued to maintain that a sewing machine would end up paying for itself since she could make her own clothes. An example of maintain is to bring one's car to a mechanic for regular oil changes.
- MAINTAIN Synonyms & Antonyms |
- Maintain | definition of maintain by Medical dictionary, maintain meaning
- Maintain Meaning | Best 13 Definitions of Maintain
- Maintain - Dictionary Definition :
- Maintain definition - Law Insider
- Maintain definition | Maintain meaning - Positive Words
- What is another word for maintain? | Maintain Synonyms
- Maintain - Wiktionary
- MAINTAIN | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Maintain meaning - definition of maintain by Mnemonic Dictionary
- MAINTAIN | Definition of MAINTAIN by Oxford Dictionary on
MAINTAIN Synonyms & Antonyms |
Array Array Array Maintain meaning
Sense of hold in an existing state or condition, keep in existence or continuance is from early 14c.
Maintain means to keep the same––keep steady, keep up, or keep going.
Maintain | definition of maintain by Medical dictionary, maintain meaning
Sense of defend in speech, uphold by argument or assertion is from mid-14c. Definition (verb) keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e. Find 94 ways to say MAINTAIN, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Cause to continue in a certain state, position, or activity; e. As a noun maintenance is actions performed to keep some machine or system functioning or in service. Dictionary entry overview: What does maintain mean? An example of maintain is to care for a family and household. Maintain meaning
Maintain Meaning | Best 13 Definitions of Maintain
Is that maintain is (obsolete|transitive) to support (someone), to back up or assist (someone) in an action while manage is to direct or be in charge of.
As a noun manage is the act of managing or controlling something.
Maintain: (Carry on), verb adfirmare, confirmare, continue, follow up, go on, keep alive, keep going, keep on, keep up, perpetuate, persevere, persist.
Information and translations of maintain in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
· Word forms: maintains, maintaining, maintained 1.
KJV Dictionary Definition: maintain maintain.
Maintenance is a related term of maintain.
Synonym preserve to maintain law and order/standards/a balance/control ANU has maintained its position as Australia's top university. Maintain meaning
Maintain - Dictionary Definition :
To keep a particular state constant or consistent To keep the state of something or a place in good condition To conduct repairs or improvements on To defend something as true despite strong opposition or arguments to the contrary. Maintain something to make something continue at the same level, standard, etc. The two countries have always maintained close relations. When you maintain a strict study schedule, you stick to it. Maintain means to maintain, col- lect, use, or disseminate when used in connection with the term ‘‘record’’; and, to have control over or responsi- bility for a system of records when used in connection with the term ‘‘sys- tem of records. Maintain definition. Maintain meaning
Maintain definition - Law Insider
|Definition of maintain in the dictionary.||Verb If you maintain something, you continue to have it, and do not let it stop or grow weaker.|
|MAINTA'IN, v.||Sure, you can ride your bike super fast on a flat surface, but it can be hard to maintain that speed, or keep the same speed, going up a hill.|
|Have and exercise.||You have to maintain a minimum balance in your checking account.|
|Main·tained, main·tain·ing, main·tains 1.|
Maintain definition | Maintain meaning - Positive Words
Maintain synonyms and antonyms in the English synonyms dictionary, see also 'main',mainstay',machination',maintenance', definition.
Manus and teneo.
Maintain definition is - to keep in an existing state (as of repair, efficiency, or validity) : preserve from failure or decline.
Synonyms for maintain in Free Thesaurus.
Maintain definition in the English Cobuild dictionary for learners, maintain meaning explained, see also 'main',mainland',mainline',mainstay', English vocabulary. Maintain meaning
What is another word for maintain? | Maintain Synonyms
- Maintain definition, to keep in existence or continuance; preserve; retain: to maintain good relations with neighboring countries.
- Meaning to carry on, keep up is from mid-14c.
- Maintain verb T (CONTINUE TO HAVE) to continue to have; to keep in existence, or not allow to become less: Despite living in different states, the two families have maintained a close friendship.
- As a verb maintain is (obsolete|transitive) to support (someone), to back up or assist (someone) in an action.
- · Word forms: 3rd person singular present tense maintains, present participle maintaining, past tense, past participle maintained 1.
- View the pronunciation for maintain.
- This is the British English definition of maintain.
- Supply with necessities and support.
Maintain - Wiktionary
- ; that of to keep oneself, support is from late 14c.
- Meaning of maintain medical term.
- How to use maintain in a sentence.
- Maintain | definition of maintain by Medical dictionary.
- , 'keep clean' 2.
MAINTAIN | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
|Maintain: to keep one's cool.||An example of maintain is to keep soldiers on task.|
|Main‧tain /meɪnˈteɪn, mən-/ ●●● S2 W1 AWL verb transitive 1 make something continue to make something continue in the same way or at the same standard as before Careers Officers maintain contact with young people when they have left school.||To hold, preserve or keep in any particular state or condition; to support; to sustain; not to suffer to fail or decline; as, to maintain a certain degree of heat in a furnace; to maintain the digestive process or powers of the stomach; to maintain the fertility of soil; to maintain present character or.|
|What does maintain mean?||Maintain: To keep up or carry on; continue.|
|• MAINTAIN (verb) The verb MAINTAIN has 10 senses: 1.||’’.|
Maintain meaning - definition of maintain by Mnemonic Dictionary
- Unfortunately, we don't have enough money to maintain ourselves in this lavish manse anymore.
- Maintain - Dictionary definition and meaning for word maintain.
- View American English definition of maintain.
- Maintain is defined as to keep in a current state in order to prevent from failing or breaking or to carry on or to support or provide.
- Keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction.
- The Department maintains many close contacts with the chemical industry.
- Maintain (oneself or someone) in (something) To allow oneself or someone to live a particular lifestyle.
- Meaning practice habitually is from c.
MAINTAIN | Definition of MAINTAIN by Oxford Dictionary on
- Things are really going to get hectic, so just try to maintain!
- Meaning of maintain.
- Definition of maintain written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
- France maintained close contacts with Jordan during the Gulf War.
- Understand maintain meaning and enrich your vocabulary.
- MAINTAIN Meaning: to support, uphold, aid; also hold fast, keep in possession, preserve from capture or loss, from.